• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen rotation (another one....)

secc123

Jul 25, 2014
Ireland
Hi all,
I know this issue is covered all over the net including on this forum and believe me i have read so much info on the subject my head is spinning (unlike my phone!). I have tried every trick mentioned without success.
If i switch on rotation it will (in some apps) rotate 180 degrees and stay there. it will not do any other rotation in any app - period. I have tried dozens of apps and the exact same. I have got the spirit level app and it works perfectly, i do the calibration which takes a couple of seconds and says its done but no change with any app.
Ok so now to my real question, during my searches i came across this site:
How To Fix Accelerometer, Compass, Sensors Revert Issues On Custom ROM [ Android Origination, Proximity, Magnetic, Sensor Fix ] - Android Gadgematic

It mentions replacing the sensor related files with ones from a stock ROM, i have a suspicion that this might be the issue as when i was trying one or two rotation apps (can't remember their names - tried too many) they mentioned something regarding missing files. Also in the article it mentions specific file names and there are a few that i don't have.
So does anyone know if the files mentioned in the article are the same files for the S2 specifically as it seems to be an old article and a generic android 'fix'. I thought i'd post here and see if some android guru could check their phone and see if the files mentioned are the same - my phone details below.

S2 GT-I9100, CWM + Cyanogenmod nightly from 26/07/2014 (kitkat), Phone was originally on Meteor network - Ireland.

Many thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones