• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen stopped shutting off

doogie88

Apr 30, 2012
I have my screen set to shutoff and lock immediately, but today it is not shutting off, and staying on. I installed easy app killer, but I closed it. Could that be the problem?

Also, my phone with no apps open says about 480megs of memory used. That seems like quite a bit, is that normal?

I have my screen set to shutoff and lock immediately, but today it is not shutting off, and staying on. I installed easy app killer, but I closed it. Could that be the problem?

Also, my phone with no apps open says about 480megs of memory used. That seems like quite a bit, is that normal?

First of all, uninstall the appkiller, you won't be needing it at all. The phone itself does a pretty good job of regulating apps in the background, and closes apps when it needs to, and saves the apps that needs to be running in the background. Having an appkiller will only mess up the regulating process of the system.

Second, try a soft reset of the phone that will clear all the memory. (Hold power button > reset). If not, try a hard reset. (Hold down power button for 10~15 seconds).

Third, that is quite normal. With moderate usage with apps, my memory runs down to about 160MB free with 816MB used. I'm guessing this is because the Sense 4 UI takes up quite a lot of memory itself. Don't worry though, this won't interfere with the speed and functions of the phone, it's perfectly normal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones