• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
thats what you get with a higher resolution screen. higher res anything makes fonts smaller...for example, go make your comp monitor a small res like 640x480..huge font. now go make it 1280x1024 (my native resolution) and you'll notice MUCH smaller fonts. just how resolution works. the phone is 720x1280 so, its a pretty huge res

Reactions: jroc and trophynuts
Upvote 0
Small for sure. But damn is it clear. This is the first phone where I can read small text on web sites (including this one) in portrait mode. I have to look close to make it out and wouldn't do as common practice. But opening my bookmark to the rezound general forum page and being able to read the title to a new posts without flipping it to landscape is pretty cool.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
thats what you get with a higher resolution screen. higher res anything makes fonts smaller...for example, go make your comp monitor a small res like 640x480..huge font. now go make it 1280x1024 (my native resolution) and you'll notice MUCH smaller fonts. just how resolution works. the phone is 720x1280 so, its a pretty huge res

Apple must of done something to ios when the iPhone 4 came out because that was a big jump in resolution, yet everything looked the exact same.

Reactions: Baldilocks
Upvote 0
lucky! that's widescreen, right? i'm still ruinning a 4:3 LG flat screen from 2006 haha...i want me some widescreen damnit!

and withn the ios stuff, i have no idea what the resolution is on the phone. although our phones have high res, the font underneath apps and stuffo n the screen is bigger than my incredible. so, it must be an OS type thing. etiher way, personally it didn't bother me because i've still got 20/20 vision :\

and again, look at the razr's display..that's higher the iphone, and yet, it looks fine with the font. thats because the iphone has a much lower resolution than our 720p, so that jump wasn't a big jump...wasn't big enough to change font size

Upvote 0
guys, get spare parts for gingerbread in the market (someone said you need the GB version to work, i always just use spare parts regular..)

there's an option to change font size throuhgout the phone.....now, it worked on my incredible, but i didn't check it on here yet.

Its called spare parts plus. I don't have a rezound (DX2) but it does work to change the font size on my DX2. Easy and free.

Upvote 0
lucky! that's widescreen, right? i'm still ruinning a 4:3 LG flat screen from 2006 haha...i want me some widescreen damnit!

and withn the ios stuff, i have no idea what the resolution is on the phone. although our phones have high res, the font underneath apps and stuffo n the screen is bigger than my incredible. so, it must be an OS type thing. etiher way, personally it didn't bother me because i've still got 20/20 vision :\

and again, look at the razr's display..that's higher the iphone, and yet, it looks fine with the font. thats because the iphone has a much lower resolution than our 720p, so that jump wasn't a big jump...wasn't big enough to change font size

lol, I'm not really one to talk. I just got this widescreen laptop last year and before that I was still rocking a CRT. Stupid thing started humming real loud though...

The best way I say to put the font sizes out of your mind is to crank up some 720p videos and sit back and ask yourself, "Who needs to see fonts when I can get a picture this good?"

Upvote 0

Not always. When the iPhone went to the Retina display, the fonts stayed the same size. Doesn't make any sense why HTC couldn't do the same thing.

The reviews of the upcoming Nexus S show that the fonts haven't gotten any smaller. I think it's a Sense UI thing. One reason why I never liked Sense.

Upvote 0
yes, but iphones display isn't 720. perhaps it's something to do with an HD resolution in the first place, and we can only see everything on the nexus once they actually show us some stuff with it (my samsung rep came in yesterday to tell us he'll bring one in next week or so once he gets a green light to let it leave the building :D haha)

and again, sorry that you guys are having trouble reading it. try spare parts plus like i mentioned above to change the font size. i don't honestly see a major difference between this and my inc, but again as i've stated, i still have 20/20. :\

Upvote 0
or HTC figured we all have super crazy vision ;D apparently every coder at htc does, it seems :p haha..either way, this alone shows one of the great parts of android: if your OS doesn't do it, chances are there's an app that does. not gonna find that on iOS! gotta love my android! lol

Actually a jailbroken iPhone is more customizable than an Android in any form. Jailbreak apps actually let you modify any program code. That means you can theme it, modify OEM applications, etc.. all without having to have to install a ROM or special KERNEL's.... but I digress. :)

Yes, HTC and Sense in particular has always used a font that is way too small.

Upvote 0
Not always. When the iPhone went to the Retina display, the fonts stayed the same size. Doesn't make any sense why HTC couldn't do the same thing.

The reviews of the upcoming Nexus S show that the fonts haven't gotten any smaller. I think it's a Sense UI thing. One reason why I never liked Sense.

i agree, but thanking on hd links below ur message.

so...thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones