• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root sdcard as storage?

Are you using a laptop? Only two usb ports seems very low.....even for a laptop. If you mean the front usb ports on a computer/tower then that could be part of the problem it may be a pita but plug the cord into back usb ports on the computer that provide full power and may solve your problem. A lot of times the front usb ports on computers do not provide enough power and things don't work right when plugged into them.

Upvote 0
A lot of times the front usb ports on computers do not provide enough power and things don't work right when plugged into them.

Never heard of that. I use the front USB ports to charge my phone at work all the time. maybe I will try the back to see if I actually notice a faster charge. Ive done everything on my prevail that requires a computer with the front ports on my work computer. so far so good. I will try the rear ports and check it out starting monday as Im plugged in the front right now. lol

Upvote 0
Never heard of that. I use the front USB ports to charge my phone at work all the time. maybe I will try the back to see if I actually notice a faster charge. Ive done everything on my prevail that requires a computer with the front ports on my work computer. so far so good. I will try the rear ports and check it out starting monday as Im plugged in the front right now. lol

The front ports on your computer are connected via a small wire from them to your motherboard so their power and sometimes data transfer rate can be much less than that of hard wired usb ports. I have a card reader/usb 5 1/4 "drive" on most my computers that connect to the motherboard the same way the normal front ports for usb would but also connect to SATA(for the other memory card inputs) and take a connection to the computer power supply so that they receive full power all the time.

If you have a good quality case the wire and connection and power is usually pretty good but generic/mass built cases not so much(dell, hp, gateway etc....)

I notice a much better data transfer and even faster charging using either the rear ports or my powered card reader/usb drive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones