• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sdcard problem I9000 16GB

sjouni

Lurker
Nov 13, 2010
lebanon
hi i install lagfix then i update my phone by a new kernel ram gone 341MB without uninstall lag fix and my internel sdcard is gone

I tried to flash it again with odin but this time I got an error message:

Update Media please wait
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such file or directory) E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD:"

Your storage not prepared yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions
copy default media content failed.

When I boot it moves past the Galaxy I9000 screen shows me the galaxy screen with animation and sound, the screen then goes of leaving me with a black screen and the buttons lit.
when i update the kernel its run ok but sdcard stiil cant mount and i have 0.0MB free on phone and i cant install any program and cant lunch camera only work phone and email and browser
i sent it to samsung and it say we will have to replace the board of phone and it coast too much
does there any tools fix the problem? i found this thread
http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/35532-android-internal-sd-card-partitions-dead-galaxy.html
but i dont inderstand too much what to do or if that fix the problem?? any explain?

Why would you install a new kernel without removing the lagfix.... sigh

From what I can gather from XDA, you changed the internal SD to read-only. So to fix this you need to reformat the card to something suitable. (whatever that is). It seems like there are two ways to do this.

If you can still use adb push, use parted (see here Post #7)

If you cannot use adb push, you will have to follow the link you posted instead. I don't quite understand what Rectools is - appears to be some sort of tool specific to i7500 for updating firmware. The command mkdosfs is a formatting function. He must have formatted the internal SD to a FAT format. The Galaxy S uses rfs format however, and no one seems to know the command for that. I suppose you can flash to whatever format your lagfix used, and then mount your partition on to your PC like what he did, but then what the hell are you suppose to do next? Install the lagfix and then remove it again? No idea.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones