• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sega Genesis Emulator

would love that also. anyone know what the hold up is with emulators? there is the mobile boy but it is so laggy and button layout sucks.

There was a thread with info about emulators not being entirely possible at the moment as they need access to OS layer/resources outside of what is currently publicly available by Google. Hence why the Gameboy (such simple games) are laggy.

If I recall.

Upvote 0
Yeah, considering the Gameboy Color emulator out now can barely handle those games... I doubt anybody could get a Genesis emulator running at any decent speed. Maybe if developers had direct access to the hardware... but that's not going to happen unless you 'rebooted' the phone into the game to play it.

Remember how the old Apple II and early DOS games worked? You basically restarted the computer right into the game and it basically took over the hardware (there was no OS running in the background). I don't see that ever happening on the G1.

Upvote 0
How bout some Battletoads??? :)

Attachments

• battletoads1.jpg
    battletoads1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones