• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sending an email via text message

fluffypmp69

Lurker
Nov 26, 2010
Okay so I have a friend who has no phone so best way to talk to him is send him an email. I used to have a blackberry and I just added his email address as a contact and display name was also his email address to keep it simple. I would then do new sms and I can make him a recipient and it works just fine. Now I'm trying the same technique with my evo but when I do a new text message he doesn't show up cuz he has no phone nbr only an email address. So I have to manually type his long email address every time I want to send him a msg. I've tried using chompsms and handcent but no luck. so any ideas on how i can make the process easier and not have to type his email every time ?

open app drawer. press people. menu.settings.view uncheck "only contacts with phone numbers"

this however will then show EVERY person you have ever received or sent an email too from gmail anytime you search for a contact from within any application

or add a bunch of numbers in his contact card in the phone number field and make email the default contact method

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones