• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sending emails? (HTC mail)

D

doad13

I have a hotmail.co.uk account set up on the HTC mail app with a widget on my home screen.

The only problem with this its that i receive emails straight away i can access any attachments and view the majority of them which is great, however when i try to send, it attempts then after a minute or so it comes up unable to send mail. i have tried changing the priority of these emails for high to low but have no luck.

my settings are:

incoming
Protocol: POP
POP server: pop3.live.com
security type: SSL
server port: 995

Outgoing

SMTP server: hotmail.co.uk
Security type: SSL
server port: 465

Try this instead...

Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com (SSL enabled, port 25)

Outgoing Server of Hotmail also supports port 587, useful for people who encounters error for STMP due to ISP blockage or any other reason

I have just tried that and have tried 3 ports: 25,587,465. but still having no luck

The warning message i get from this is 'Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding.'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones