• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sensation brightness problem

D

Deleted User

Since the last day or so my screen no longer comes out of 'dim' mode.

It dims automatically as normal: when the lock screen comes on, and when the display is about to time out. In both situations my current brightness level would be immediately restored in response to input, but this no longer happens. Now I must manually set the brightness after every unlock or near timeout.

So annoying! Anyone else had this?

I've looked through all the settings, disabled locale and switched scenes with no joy. Also restarted the phone.

menu, settings, display, brightness, what do you see there?

personally i have automatic brightness turned off (unticked).

then, instead of the HUGE clock and weather widget taking up 8 precious app spaces, i have removed that widget, and have the power bar installed instead (you can add this by long pressing the blank area of the home screen and adding a widget and find power bar or power control or something on those lines. this also gives me more space to fit apps on the main home screen!

The last option on the power control bar is brightness so I have quick manual control over brightness. this is efficient for battery saving and also at night i can quickly set it to low, indoors, medium, and outdoors high. (there are 3 settings.)

Upvote 0
Thanks! In the settings I see my chosen settings, currently automatic off, level about 60%. However, this doesn't reflect the actual screen brightness.

So, coming out of lock screen, actual brightness 0%, reported brightness ~60%. I need to tweak the level slightly up or down to make it kick in.

Yes, the power control widget is great for regular adjustments, but if I pause while writing this post and the screen dims, I'll have to hit the home screen and cycle the brightness, then go back into the browser.

I'm considering a factory reset after work. 5 days after getting a new phone, would be a personal record! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones