• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sensor usage? I think its killing my 3500mha battery

gruss

Android Expert
Feb 16, 2010
Toledoish
According to spare parts android system is using the sensor pretty much constantly? I'm not using the automatic brightness and currently its showing 2 hours of use with 1 hour of awake time. I'm confused. So far this second leak has been a pile of crap for me. Should've just dealt with the gmail sign on problem.

Never heard of it. So nope. I.just am trying to figure out how sensor usage could be higher than awake time? And its android system so not like its a process I can kill. Reloaded yesterday and ran battery down to 8 percent before charging for a little calibration I hope and well see how it goes today.

Upvote 0
Now this morning android system is using less 2% of my battery....I think thats the way it used to be, well when the phones been sleeping anyway. I didnt do anything, it was still happening when I went to bed wth 17% left of that 3500 mah monster. Last reboot was about 6pm last night when I tried to plug in headphones and the music started skipping then locked up the phone so hard I had to pull the battery. Any ideas would be welcome, keep in mind i have the auto brightness off, and I've reloaded once already. It'll be wonderful if it stays "fixed" but I aint holding my breath.

So is the "sensor" spare parts lists the light sensor that is near the ear piece, or does it also include the sensor that tells whether or not to change from portrait or landscape? Just curious

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones