• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Setting up a non-google calendar in S Planner

What I am after without having yet another app is to sync my Outlook calendar with my S5 while trying to use what is available now.

My 2007 Outlook Exchange is setup via imap to my business website where I can also log in direct i.e. abc-company.com/webmail where I can use Horde email interface.

I cant seem to setup a sync or account to my website.

KIES3 is not an option as it does not seem to sync with Outlook on my PC even thought the option is there.

The best I could do was to sync S5 to the gmail account and subscribe to the gmail calendar in Outlook where I wil have 2 calendars to look at now.
The only issue with that is I cannot use Outlook to create or edit events on the Gmail subscription.
I have to use gmail via browser or my S5 to create all events.

This is a satisfactory method since I use S Voice on my Gear2 most of the time anyway but I am wondering how to edit or add calendars in S Planner.

When I open it I can see it as (with everything checked off):

All Calendars

My Calendars

My Tasks

Gmail:abc@abc.com

-birthdays
-holidays
-abc@abc.com

Samsung: myemail@yahoo.com
-Samsung Calendar
-Samsung Tasks

Birthdays
-Contacts Birthdays

When I try to Add Account my choices are:
Samsung Account
Google
Microsoft Exchange Active
Facebook

I was thinking maybe change the yahoo email under Samsung but even yahoo does not seem to sync and no settings at the samsung site for any calendar.
Only Gmail syncs.

What if I wanted to sync with Hotmail? no go?

Am I SOL here and just do with what I did above?.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones