• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Setting up GoodReader like functionality

deltaforce

Android Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2012
Hello folks,

I know there is no GoodReader for android, and no other app does quite as good as GoodReader. I would like to set up GoodReader like Functionality on Android tablet. Can someone help me with ideas.

Requirement
- An app, that will sync Dropbox folder to external memory card of my tablet. One touch sync where the folder is kept in sync between the tablet external memory card and the laptop.
These files must be available locally/offline on the card, as I don't have data on tablet.
- An app for annotating epub files. These annotations must be saved with the file so that if I search for these annotations on a PC, they should be visible.

Does anyone have app suggestions for both of these points?
- I tried Dropbox's offline file availability, but I have to select in terms of file, not folder. I usually need a lot of files to work with.
- I have been using FBReader, which is great but doesn't really offer annotation features.

This is my final stint that I would like to get away from iOS. my iPad is 1st Gen and is too heavy to carry it around. Would like to move on to lighter android tablets.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones