• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Settings keep being lost !!!!

Jun 18, 2012
This is really starting to **** me off.

I've noticed increasingly that app settings are being "lost", and reverting to the defaults.

(This is after an upgrade to Nougat).

Worst offenders are HERE Maps, which keep losing the "No Voice" setting, and the dialler which keeps losing the calling SIM I have selected and asks which one to use. Invariably when I am driving.

I am guessing this is something to do with when the apps get updated ?

This is really starting to **** me off.

I've noticed increasingly that app settings are being "lost", and reverting to the defaults.

(This is after an upgrade to Nougat).

Worst offenders are HERE Maps, which keep losing the "No Voice" setting, and the dialler which keeps losing the calling SIM I have selected and asks which one to use. Invariably when I am driving.

I am guessing this is something to do with when the apps get updated ?

So this is a dual-SIM phone? What have you actually got there, make, model, and your carrier
. It could be a buggy update, and you might need to contact the manufacturer or vendor about it. Like might be quality issues if it's a cheapo.

Upvote 0
It's a Wileyfox Swift - 18 months old. It was working *perfectly* until it had to take an upgrade from Cyanogen

https://www.androidcentral.com/wileyfox-goes-record-about-transition-away-cyanogen

I'm not a techno expert. All I know is it was working - now it isn't :(

Cyanogen is no longer around as of December last year I think it was, site and everything was shut-down. What was the update, another custom ROM from a different developer? Because it does sound like it has serious problems, and possibly good luck in getting the bugs fixed. Most Wileyfox discussion seems to happen over at XDA Devs...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/wileyfox-t3189877

Upvote 0
About 2 months ago, they pushed out Nougat to my handset. Since then, things have gone awry :(

Loath to get a new phone over this. Luckily (?) I'm in between jobs at the moment, so nothing is mission-critical. But when I have to start driving (to meetings etc), it could be a showstopper.

I'm guessing it's losing settings when apps are updated - I'm not suggesting it's randomly forgetting them.

Upvote 0
About 2 months ago, they pushed out Nougat to my handset. Since then, things have gone awry :(

Loath to get a new phone over this. Luckily (?) I'm in between jobs at the moment, so nothing is mission-critical. But when I have to start driving (to meetings etc), it could be a showstopper.

I'm guessing it's losing settings when apps are updated - I'm not suggesting it's randomly forgetting them.

Quite frankly it sounds like their Nougat update is seriously buggy. If you can roll back to a previous version or not I have no ideas, possibly there's something in the XDA Devs Wileyfox forum about it.

Wileyfox is only something I've briefly read about, and I presume it's customized devices from China, because of the dual-SIM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm beginning to move towards the idea of a new phone. For now I have disabled auto updates (I see Nougat has lost the ability to prevent individual apps auto updating ....)

I'm very, very, very fussy about getting a new phone. I have some ground rules in place, after I needed a quick cheap phone for a couple of days, and out of 11 (yes: ELEVEN) functional phones, I couldn't actually get one to work (a kaleidoscope of network lock issues).

So at the minimum I want network-free, with minimal shite, and dual SIM. I also don't want to have to root it for any reason (as a lot of MDM software from corporations don't like rooted devices).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones