1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Should I get the Nexus 4 or the new google S4?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by jhonb, Jun 30, 2013.

1. jhonb

jhonb Android Enthusiast

I posted this in the Nexus 4 forum, just curious if I get a different trend here:

I am in the market for a new phone to replace my Galaxy Nexus. I want a carrier free Google phone. I can get the nexus 4 for 350 and the new Google S4 that will ship next month for 650. Is the S4 that much better than the N4?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

Nice try - an N4 owner is going to answer first :D

The S4 came out 6 months after the N4 so it has a better processor, bigger screen, better battery and all the goodies Samsung graft onto their phones. Samsung are also .. well, not too bad at rolling out new versions of Android to their phones.

Having said that, the N4 is plenty fast enough, has a pretty big screen, above average battery and vanilla Android is actually really good - and the N4 gets the updates first.

So the S4 is better, but are those advantages worth $300? To me: hell no! But then I'm really tight :D. To you? That's a call only you make.

I'm sure you would not be disappointed with the S4: it's a really good phone. On the other hand, I'm still really happy with my N4 - I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with it either.

3. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

In the Google S4, I believe you lose most of the features that you get from Samsung's Touchwiz. Same as the Google One.

The only reasons I'd think you would need the Google S4 is:
    -Expandable memory
    -Removable battery
    -Higher specs

4. jhonb

jhonb Android Enthusiast

Thanks for all the help. I just ordered the Nexus 4. I kinda pushed my hand as I broke a ribbon on my Gnex changing the charging port. Thanks for all the help.

5. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

6. jhonb

jhonb Android Enthusiast

Thank you, I have been trolling it the past week.

Just popped my sim card in my iPhone 4. Weird...Hopefully I will be back in business by the weekend.

7. patruns

patruns Member

Considering that updates will not come directly from Google on the S4 I would say you caught a break. :)