1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

show only name at message screen..

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by shafqatkhan, Jul 15, 2013.

1. shafqatkhan

shafqatkhan Newbie

hi to everyone ... i am using android 4.1.2 qmobile noir a20.. when i replying a text message in android top of the screen name and number showing whom i replying.. i want to show only name at top of the message screen and i want to hide the number.. how can i do this plz help..

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Get Handcent or Go SMS, set that as default messaging app, then in notificatiin settings, turn on privacy mode.

funkylogik likes this.
  3. shafqatkhan

shafqatkhan Newbie

there is no option to hide number i tried both. please answer me

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Are you talking about the conversation list or the quick reply pop-up? Or both?

I can only advise trying different message apps until you find one which does what you want. I just looked at Chomp, and in the conversation list that also shows the number, but in very small characters under the name (so may be a little better). Can't remember what Pansi does.

The stock messaging app on my phone just shows the name when in the conversation list, but as that's an HTC app you won't be able to install it on your phone.

Edit: Just checked images in the Play Store. These show numbers on both conversation and pop-up for Pansi, conversation only for Chomp, and neither for Handcent. So that would suggest that there is a setting for it somewhere in Handcent.

shafqatkhan likes this.
  5. shafqatkhan

shafqatkhan Newbie

Thanks Hadron, i see Chomp, but its also showing the number under contact name, i want to completely hide number, only want to show the name at sms screen. i am talking about "reply" Screen

6. Stannis the Mannis

Stannis the Mannis Rapscallion

Why does it matter if the number shows? Just curious.

7. shafqatkhan

shafqatkhan Newbie

its against privacy ... the people who sitting besides me while i am chatting to my friends note the number and misuse it..

8. Stannis the Mannis

Stannis the Mannis Rapscallion

They always do this? Where do you live?

I'd use a privacy screen protector, it's perfect if you always have people looking over your shoulder.

9. shafqatkhan

shafqatkhan Newbie

i live in pakistan..

10. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Using Go SMS or Handcent, you go to the section of the settings where they let you adjust the color of the text, bubbles, etc in a conversation. Scroll down and one of the options is for the color of the font of the phone number displayed on top of the screen. Make it transparent. That would render it invisible.

shafqatkhan and Hadron like this.
  11. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

12. shafqatkhan

shafqatkhan Newbie

i got it in handcent.... thanks all of you for helping me. no need to transparent. their is an option in handcent. hide number... thanks again...