• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

show only name at message screen..

Are you talking about the conversation list or the quick reply pop-up? Or both?

I can only advise trying different message apps until you find one which does what you want. I just looked at Chomp, and in the conversation list that also shows the number, but in very small characters under the name (so may be a little better). Can't remember what Pansi does.

The stock messaging app on my phone just shows the name when in the conversation list, but as that's an HTC app you won't be able to install it on your phone.

Edit: Just checked images in the Play Store. These show numbers on both conversation and pop-up for Pansi, conversation only for Chomp, and neither for Handcent. So that would suggest that there is a setting for it somewhere in Handcent.

Reactions: shafqatkhan
Upvote 0
Using Go SMS or Handcent, you go to the section of the settings where they let you adjust the color of the text, bubbles, etc in a conversation. Scroll down and one of the options is for the color of the font of the phone number displayed on top of the screen. Make it transparent. That would render it invisible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones