• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sign in error notification

I closed out a gmail account that was linked to send me email notifications daily. Now all day I get a sign in error notification and it asks me for my password to account. Well its closed so of course the password doesn't work. How can stop getting these sign in errors for an account that doesn't exist any more.

I closed out a gmail account that was linked to send me email notifications daily. Now all day I get a sign in error notification and it asks me for my password to account. Well its closed so of course the password doesn't work. How can stop getting these sign in errors for an account that doesn't exist any more.

Hello and welcome to the forums, ccarley.

When closing out an email account, it's prudent to first go into that email's app in the application manager and clear cache and data.

Reactions: ccarley8104
Upvote 0
So because I did not do those actions before closing out gmail account is there any other way I can unlink that account and stop the sign in error messages ?

The Gmail app in application manager, along with "Gmail Storage," may still be invoking the sync service which generates those notifications.

Go into application manager and clear cache and data for those programs, then shut down your device and power back up ("reboot"). You'll then be prompted to begin a new Gmail/Google account. ;)

Reactions: ccarley8104
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones