• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Signature Error [132]" RUU 4.0 update

smileyd23

Lurker
Nov 30, 2011
I really want to update my Rhyme to ICS 4.0. I'm in the USA. I downloaded the ASIA WWE RUU from htcdev.com. However, when I run the RUU, it stops at "signature" stage and gives me "error 132". I have noticed something that seems off to me which is I am asked if I want to go from Image Version 2.20.605.3 to 2.14.401.2. That seems more like a downgrade than an upgrade. Someone please help!:mad:

I really want to update my Rhyme to ICS 4.0. I'm in the USA. I downloaded the ASIA WWE RUU from htcdev.com. However, when I run the RUU, it stops at "signature" stage and gives me "error 132". I have noticed something that seems off to me which is I am asked if I want to go from Image Version 2.20.605.3 to 2.14.401.2. That seems more like a downgrade than an upgrade. Someone please help!:mad:

First make sure the WWE works on your phone. If you phone is carrier branded it may not work. Maybe send HTC an email to ask.

If yes then you can try the manual update procedures in the other thread "Worldwide HTC Rhyme ICS RUU posted". I have another error when using the RUU.exe but my phone can be upgrade manually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones