• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Silent calendar option missing in Android 2/epic?

I'm sorry I'm sure this has been asked before but my search for this question was fruitless.

I just switched over from a tmobile G1 to a sprint samsung epic 4g. I've have both phones in my hands right now and can see that in the g1 calendar's settings menu, there is a place to select a calendar specific notification sound. I always keep this to silent because I only want to be 'dinged' if I get an email or text etc.

In the epic there doesn't seem to be such an option, so my calendar uses whatever the global default notification sound is. I'm not sure if this is specific to android 2.x, 2.2, or just the epic.

Does anyone know how to Silence JUST the calendar notifications, leaving the rest of your notifications audible?

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones