• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Simple noob question....

flyjbaker

Android Expert
Oct 17, 2009
I notice when people post, every time they flash a different ROM they do a nandroid backup of it. My question is, when you backup via ROM Manager, does that backup replace the current backup or is it stored with multiple backups...giving you the choice to restore back to anything stored as a backup. I have never had to restore back to my backup...maybe I should practice.... Anyway, just wondering if you end up with multiple backups or if the current one replaces the previous one where you only have one backup at any time....

Each nandroid backup is a seperate backup. It does not replace the last backup. Depending on which recovery your using, it should be in a folder in your sdcard. Clockwork recovery has a folder named clockwork for your nandroids. Amon-Recovery has a folder named nandroid. Once you do a nandroid, you can change the name of your backup, remember NOT to put any spaces in the name. Keep it simple, for example... Myns22OCed Or CM610

Hope this helps.

Reactions: flyjbaker
Upvote 0
Each nandroid backup is a seperate backup. It does not replace the last backup. Depending on which recovery your using, it should be in a folder in your sdcard. Clockwork recovery has a folder named clockwork for your nandroids. Amon-Recovery has a folder named nandroid. Once you do a nandroid, you can change the name of your backup, remember NOT to put any spaces in the name. Keep it simple, for example... Myns22OCed Or CM610

Hope this helps.

Thank you sir. So you end up having numerous backups in either of those folders???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones