• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SkyRaider 3.0 RC2 to be released anytime today!

I can not be bothered to update and have to set everything up again (did it Saturday) and deal with the chance of boot-loops, etc. Titanium helps a lot, but still have to set everything else up again. I could care less about OCing a 1ghz chipset and already get great performance with apps and Flash. I see nothing in the rom to suggest it is any better than the current 2.52, just that it is newer.

I will wait for the official release to hit and be modded and then I will update. You folks that do this update stuff every other day must be some compulsive types ;)

I will wait and let the dust settle :)

does vid cam work?
I dont have any of the above problems. Mine works flawlessly.

Im digging my hulu app I have now.

Upvote 0
Downloaded 3.0 last night with KingKernal #3 . Haven't played with it much but battery seems about the same as FrankenROM and JagerROM with Hydra #4 . Haven't noticed any bugs, I'm not a fan of Sense but his version is slightly better btu I'll probably go back to ADW and if he releases Vanilla go with that.

Battery is 90%
Up Time 6hrs 30min
Awake time 58min

(stock battery)

Upvote 0
My phone loves 3.0 RC2, and so do I. The only issue I have with alignments is the final "r" in "Camcorder" doesn't show up, but who cares. It looks great, feels great, and all features work perfectly. The hulu bit could use a little refining, but that's no biggie. I've been using it a lot.

Using SetCPU, battery life has gone from good to awesome. I can now go two days on one charge with my 1500mAh. I have SetCPU set to go to 245mHz when the screen is off and use various stepping methods on the max CPU speed as the battery drops. No issues with performance.

This is all with the stock kernel that came with the ROM (whatever kernel that is).

Here's my home screen (note, that 66% battery life is since 6:40AM this morning with decent use, aka gaming and hulu):

2160b25a.png

Upvote 0
FYI, for me it was a total disaster. Did everything I could, finally got back to RC2 which is awesome.

Yeah ran RC3 and had major issues all over the place with my phone, I'm using Cyanogenmod now and I want to keep it so bad , Camera works on and off and BT audio is messed up my only issues with this rom and it doesn't see internal memory which since I have a32gig card isn't a big deal

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones