• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SlideScreen Pro: I love it, worth the price

mrcizzo

Lurker
Jun 7, 2010
Phone: Motorola Droid

This home screen replacement does seem to be to be a bit on the expensive side but when it all comes down to it, this app is worth it. It works wonderfully. I never realized that by not having any home screens, but the one for slidescreen, it actually makes life a lot easier. I don't have to try and fit all my apps on the other screens. I love how it just displays all the necessary information on one screen and it does it beautifully.

PROS:
1. Style
- I bought an Android so I can make it look however I wanted. This app really lets me do that. Every person's phone is an expression of their own personality and if you like simplicity, this is the one for you.

2. Functionality
- This home screen replacement does exactly what it says it will do plus more in the coming future. I love how it previews my text messages, emails, and calendar so I don't have to keep checking my status bar and looking for icons.

3. Fast
- This app performs very fast. I personally don't have an app that lets me determine the amount of resources it's using but I can most likely assume that the amount it uses is low due to being such a simplistic app.

CONS:

1. Glitches
- Every app comes with their share of errors even something as great as this one. What will happen is that sometimes while exiting out of another app, this one will take a second or two to load. For some reason it loses its cache of the apps installed and has to reload all of them into the menu. This time varies depending on how many applications you have installed obviously.

2. Price
- I'm not usually a big stickler on price and it definitely IS worth it but realistically, the app is a lot higher in price compared to other home screen replacement apps.

The bottom line for me is, it may seem a bit pricey but there are some things to keep in mind. The Android Market will let you refund that application within 24 hours if you don't like or any other reason you may have. Give this home screen replacement a try, it definitely will be awkward at first but trust me, you'll end up loving it as much as I did. Clean, simple, straightforward. This is how all apps should be.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones