• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slow Dialer, Please Help before I return it!!

thank you. I'm running the leak now, but I'm getting my phone replaced sometime this weekend. I'll be rooting it as soon as I get it home. Will definitely be doing this!

Yeah I got the leak to, this is one of the main things I would like to do . It's not gonna maker to me at the end of the month I'm getting a new phone either way. But I'll be keeping my Eris as a backup :)

Upvote 0
FACTORY RESET IT!
FACTORY reset it please. go into options and factory reset it. if your on 2.1 or the leak or new leak just factory reset it and it will fix the problem.

although you are probably right in the fact that it will fix the problem, doing a factory reset everytime you dialer lags is not a viable option for most people. A factory reset would probably fix 90% of the problems people have, but who wants to wipe there phone everytime something doesn't work properly.

Upvote 0
Im tempted to try the factory reset, but I just don't see how it would fix my issue. My dialer was super slow after a fresh install of 2.1b... That was the first thing I tried out because that was really the only beef I had with 2.1a... I think a MDroid or Incredible is in my near future due to the dialer only. Pretty sad the phone part, the most basic essential part of the device is what kills it!@

Upvote 0
is there a way to prevent the key pad from automatically being displayed when i want to make a call?? most of the time when i make a call it's from my call history. usually ill just press the send button and select from my call history. i know i could just put the call history app on the home screen and press that when i want to make a call, but out of habit i always press the call/send button and have to "minimize" the key pad

Upvote 0
is there a way to prevent the key pad from automatically being displayed when i want to make a call?? most of the time when i make a call it's from my call history. usually ill just press the send button and select from my call history. i know i could just put the call history app on the home screen and press that when i want to make a call, but out of habit i always press the call/send button and have to "minimize" the key pad

With dialer one yes. stock no

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

Long time reader just decided to make a post. I've had the Eris for almost a month now. I absolutely LOVE it (first smartphone). What I can't stand is the SLOW dialer. It is so slow trying to recieve a call it will lag for so long I will actually miss 7 out of 10 phone calls.... When trying to make a call it will take almost a minute to register who I touched to call, and sometimes I'll hit it twice thinking it didn't register then all of the sudden it will work, then a minute later dial that same person and have two lines going....

This is very slow and annoying that such an amazing phone, the phone part doesn't work. I had 1.5 it was slow but not terrible, then 2.1a was a bit better, now 2.1b it's almost unusable. EVERYTHING else works amazing. I have tried to clear ALL texts, dials, tried dialer one, tried using another home alternative but I love sense too much and it didn't make much of a difference.

I have about 20 megabytes of internal memory left, would that be the problem? I don't think so though because even after a fresh install with nothing installed yet, it was still terribly slow. I have sent off my rebate already so there is no chance of returning this for the M Droid right?

I really appreciate any help and sorry for the long post.

FYI if your phone doesnt have stock 1.5, I recommend not returning. The refub house will certainly know its been modified.

Upvote 0
One last thing, having 20MB left will affect the overall speed and responsiveness of the Eris. I would suggest that you try to keep your remaining memory at around 75MB. I'm sure there are a lot of installed programs that you don't need or use.

I've only had my phone for about a week and only have 51 MB available. I havent downloaded too much stuff other than music.
How can i get things over to the SD card instead of the phones internal memory?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones