• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow downloads for offline data from an app

jpic27

Lurker
Jun 12, 2016
Hi,
I am having very slow downloads from trying to download data to be used offline (Udemy App) I checked downloading other things like updating apps etc and that was all good I had fast speeds.

I have tested downloading the files on my iPhone and they are fast (the file is like 5mb and it takes 5-10 mins or a few sec on my iphone)

I don't know what's causing this (I am new to android) so any help would be appreciated. Have I got something going on in the background or allowances for apps? I don't know. Any help would be great! Thanks
1. Manufacturer - nVidia
2. Model - Shield K1 Tablet
3. Software version - 6.0.1
4. Specifics of the problem - Slow download speeds when downloading files for offline viewing
5. Specify if the phone is rooted. - Not rooted (side question- will the tablet work if i root the sd card but remove it to put another in?)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones