• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SM-N910G cannot boot.

Hi guys

I really need your help with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910G).

I just bought this online and when I received it, it was brand new. I started it and noticed this 'Safe Mode' appearing at the bottom left corner of the screen. Then I noticed that it was a bit slow and sometimes lagged when using it. Also when I used some apps, particularly the camera, the phone just froze and then rebooted by itself. Still the 'Safe Mode' was there. Then I realised that the Volume Down button is not working. It seems that it keeps pressing on its own. I can only use the Volume Up but when I press the Down button, the volume just go all the way down to mute.

Then, I tried these flash methods and install the custom recovery (TWRP), successfully installed it and started to back up everything in both the internal memory and the sd card. Then wiped the rest but not the internal memory and sd card. After that, I restarted the phone. Now, the phone boot up and got stuck and screen shows this message;

'Recovery booting...
Recovery in not Seandroid Enforcing,
Set Warranty bit: recovery

....and then the "teamwin" logo with bluish background keeps appearing and disappearing - flashing, on and off.

So I tried the other booting method to enter the Downloading Mode in order to connect to pc by pressing the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons. Now the screen shows the 'Warning' and the 2 options to press Volume Up (to continue) and to press Volume Down (to restart). I wanted to connect to pc again to use the Odin app but the phone just hang on there without responding. I tried both of the buttons (up and down) but nothing. It just reboot again and tried and tried rebooting and pressing the buttons but nothing. What had happened? Please help.

Now any other ways I could use the sd card in the phone to directly install new OS or something without the need to connect to PC??

YOur help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bernard T

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones