• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Small crack on the screen

neostyles

Nov 28, 2012
I accidently dropped my phone and the screen cracked in what is probably the worst place possible. Its right at the bottom next to the capacitive buttons. The phone turns on charge, etc perfectly fine. Problem is that without the use of the capacative buttons, its essentially crippled. No way to switch between apps or even exit out of one. So what would be your recommendation? Im not particularly keen on spending $80 to fix this.
jslkja.jpg

It's $350 for a new Nexus I believe.

I was told $240 by Google and I have the 16GB. Check your warranty on the phone with Google's support team. If your warranty is void they will send you a brand new one (for free) and have you send the damaged device to be looked at. Depending on how bad the damages are (because a cracked screen is user caused) will determine how much they charge you because an authorization hold will be put on your credit card for the full price of the phone (like collateral). If all is well you'll probably just be charged 50 and get to enjoy a whole brand new nexus 4!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones