1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Smart alert problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wyman, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Wyman

Wyman Lurker
    None

Dec 2, 2014
    Male
    Hello -

I'm new here and have searched the forum for my question but couldn't find an answer. I have the Note 3 unrooted thorugh AT&T. Last week I updated when prompted. Prior to this update, I was able to pick up my phone if missed a call or text and it vibrated and the lock screen would come on also. Smart Alert is already enabled but I want the feature back where the lock screen comes on when I pick up the phone. It vibrates just fine. Not sure if it was something taken out in the new update (KitKat 4.4.4).

Does anyone have a solution to this or can point me to a link to assist? I'm open to suggestions except rooting my phone. I'm happy to provide any additional info that's needed.

Wy

Advertisement

2. voklst

voklst Lurker
    None

Nov 5, 2014
    I'm gonna guess, like u said removed with 4.4.4 or a setting thats been turned Off.
    I'never used that so dont know?

3. Wyman

Wyman Lurker
    None

Dec 2, 2014
    Male
    Hello and thanks for your response. I've been trying to research to see if that's the case. Do you know if there's a changelog posted somewhere with the changes in 4.4.4?

Thanks.

4. voklst

voklst Lurker
    None

Nov 5, 2014
    I'm fairly new to the forum & I'm still on 4.4.2 I'm so afraid t-mob will update me 'against my will' as they do .... at any time day or night to the 444 and all the horror stories I'm reading. So now I'm blocking notifications from 10pm to 6am. Plus phone has ongoing issues with images that are moved/deleted reappearing.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.