• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smart alert problem

Wyman

Lurker
Dec 2, 2014
Hello -

I'm new here and have searched the forum for my question but couldn't find an answer. I have the Note 3 unrooted thorugh AT&T. Last week I updated when prompted. Prior to this update, I was able to pick up my phone if missed a call or text and it vibrated and the lock screen would come on also. Smart Alert is already enabled but I want the feature back where the lock screen comes on when I pick up the phone. It vibrates just fine. Not sure if it was something taken out in the new update (KitKat 4.4.4).

Does anyone have a solution to this or can point me to a link to assist? I'm open to suggestions except rooting my phone. I'm happy to provide any additional info that's needed.

Wy

I'm fairly new to the forum & I'm still on 4.4.2 I'm so afraid t-mob will update me 'against my will' as they do .... at any time day or night to the 444 and all the horror stories I'm reading. So now I'm blocking notifications from 10pm to 6am. Plus phone has ongoing issues with images that are moved/deleted reappearing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones