1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

SMS 160 for Greek Keyboard Through More Locale?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by payne, Jan 4, 2010.

1. payne

payne New Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Hi there guys!

I live in Greece and i bought my Hero from England. So i missed the Greek menu and keyboard and looked for something that could help and that was More Locale! Really Amazing App!

But i face this problem:
    When writing an SMS via the Stock HTC's Messages App, will only allow me to write in capitals and the worst that is that i can only write 70 characters/sms. In other apps apart from Messages i can write anything i want. The thing is that it should allow me to write 160 chars/sms with CAPITALS ONLY cause that's the way it happens with all other devices. Non capital Greek letters like ζ, η, γ, δ etc are always valued as double letters because of some kind of unicode system so it is completely logical that if i write in non-capital letters it would drop the limit to 70chars/sms. But the thing is that i can only write in Capitals and only 70chars/sms!!
    So i would appreciate a solution mainly for the 160 chars/sms thing cause it is so annoying and mainly so bad for my pocket (and good for my carrier!)!
    Apart from this i have no text provision for the Greek keyboard again on Messages Stock app only.

I'm looking forward to any help/solution!
    Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Tags: