1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SMS messages all gone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by desire87, Aug 22, 2010.

1. desire87

desire87 Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    All of my SMS messages have disappeared, I have had my HTC Desire since the end of May and suddenly today all my SMS messages are gone without warning. I had auto backup to SD card enabled, but this option seems to have disappeared on 2.2, even if I could retrieve the old messages that were backed up to the SD card beforehand that would be great, there's nothing left! Delete old messages is turned off and I have tried turning the phone off and back on again but it hasn't helped. What can I do?

Advertisement

2. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 15, 2010
    East Anglia
    All of my SMS messages disappeared when I updated on the OTA Froyo update, is this when yours vanished?

Andrew

3. Magicuk

Magicuk Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    myn also done this. i updated to froyo 2.2 and then about 2 weeks later my text jsut all went

4. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    It's no good for you guys now, bit Im glad I have wavesecure backing up sms ota.

5. desire87

desire87 Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    It didn't happen immediately after updating, its probably been about a week or two since the update. Is this some kind of known bug in froyo? Are there any apps out there that can restore/read the old backup from the SD card?

6. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    I know it's irritating to say 'I don't have this problem' - but froyo hasn't affected any of my data (unbranded, on O2) - so maybe it's something else?

7. desire87

desire87 Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    I don't know, seems to have happened to two other people in this thread, mine is also unbranded on VF, I got an email from HTC support saying Froyo does wipe all your data including texts when it updates, but oddly enough it didn't happen to me immediately after the update. :thinking:

8. Allan87

Allan87 Newbie
    None

May 12, 2010
    This has just happened to me 12h after updating, why the suddenness? I have them all backed up on the sd card I just cannot find any way to restore the backup, when I restore to factory settings there is no option to restore anything but I mount the phone to my PC as external storage and I can see the backup sitting there - why can't froyo?

9. Rainbow Snake

Rainbow Snake Member
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    About 10 minutes ago my phone sounded with it's sms message tone, but there was no new message there.

A few minutes later I checked my phone and all my messages were gone!

Remembering the wise words of "The IT Crowd" ("Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?"), I did so and miraculously all my messages came back.

Well almost ... no sign of the message that made the phone tone 10 minutes ago.

10. quietstormjay

quietstormjay Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    I've just experienced the same thing...i had just received a message from someone, sent a reply...then when got a reply from THAT....when pushing the 'messages' icon...no inbox or anything...just kept getting a blank screen when selecting it!? I turned the phone off and on...SOME of the messages returned but the majority of them have gone missin..including the one i was JUST relying too...strange...

11. tekkontrol

tekkontrol Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    this just happened to me too - a few weeks after the 2.2 update, on o2. don't have any backup, and restarting the phone didn't work! booo!

12. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    Ditto, except I had a semi back up... from a few months ago. :(

13. The_Unknown

The_Unknown Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    This is the 2nd time this happened to me. This time I received a message. I look on my phone, no notice. I go into my messages inbox and everything is gone. Through the website of mobile vikings I could see which nr sent me a msg but it's not a nr from my contacts.

Is there nothing more known about this.

Tags: