1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support So, I was updating my R800x last night, the download finished, and then...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DiamondFlurry, Sep 19, 2011.

1. DiamondFlurry

DiamondFlurry Newbie
    None

May 30, 2011
    So my update software found the update just fine, and it downloaded 100% when it asked me to reboot the phone and install the update, and then the phone went through the update motions before start-up, then took me right to the dashboard, where, a few minutes later, to my dismay, I was greeted by an Update Failed screen.

Since then, every time I try to update again, it shows the spinning circle and the message, "Please wait while checking for updates."

It remains checking for updates endlessly, until I back out, and it gives up a few minutes later. I've tried restarting, battery pulls, disabling wireless and bluetooth, but nothing is working.

Is the update still installed on my phone, waiting to be applied somewhere I can't seem to find? Did I hit a loophole that screwed my ability to update my phone? I'm really not up for doing a system restore; I've got too much to lose at this point.

I really, really hope there's an easy fix for this. Sony-Ericsson seems to have the weakest update method for Android, whereas my Moto Droid and my friends' HTC phones all send update notifications and prompt downloads and installs, where this just feels sloppy and dated. :mad:

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

2. DiamondFlurry

DiamondFlurry Newbie
    None

May 30, 2011
    Also, to add, here's some info on the Info screen for the software updater:

Firmware Version: SEMC_R800_R800x_user_3.0.E.2.89_1245-4101_R68C
    Android System Image: 2.3.2
    Radio Image: 7X-30A-AAABQMAZM-1290_10-01

Update Status: Download Failed
    Reason Code: 412
    Update Package Size: 54.58

3. DiamondFlurry

DiamondFlurry Newbie
    None

May 30, 2011
    Alright, I guess it's time to give up on this phone and get Verizon to credit me for a better phone. I'm at wit's end with this unresolved issue. :(

4. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
  5. DiamondFlurry

DiamondFlurry Newbie
    None

May 30, 2011
    I first tried the Software Update service on my phone itself, which downloaded the update, and failed upon installing it. The service can now no longer find the update to re-download.

I then tried your Aino software, and it said my software was up to date, but I re-installed it, and it was the same old 3.2.2 software, so that was an unfortunate bust as well.

I just downloaded the PC Companion software, and tried updating that way, but the update steps don't even work with my phone. It asks me to plug the phone in via USB to my PC, which I did with no issue as I did with the Aino software, but it then asks for me to slide down my status bar and tap a button that doesn't exist on my bar, so it tells me I'm connecting incorrectly.

All roads seem to lead towards dead ends... I appreciate the help so far, and hope this can be resolved somehow!