• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root So is everyone switching to Liberty?

I'm on Liberty 1.5 with the above patch and the moto extended battery. I followed the directions to charge to 100%, delete batt stats, then drain the battery, then recharge.

With the exception of a 20 minute call, otherwise very light use (installing updates and deleting emails), I'm currently at 60% after 41 hours. I suspect this is similar to what I get on Apex.

that's Awesome,,, I really want to try Liberty with the patch,,but I just don't like the yellow theme sorry LOL ;) ,, i should try with the gingerbread theme see if it works still,,,I don't see any reason why it shouldn't :D

Upvote 0
I'm on Liberty 1.5 with the above patch and the moto extended battery. I followed the directions to charge to 100%, delete batt stats, then drain the battery, then recharge.

With the exception of a 20 minute call, otherwise very light use (installing updates and deleting emails), I'm currently at 60% after 41 hours. I suspect this is similar to what I get on Apex.

Ok, help me here with one more thing. If I install patch do u have to drain the battery, charge it to 100%...etc. For this patch to work or is all that just for doing the testing of te patch t record your results with it?

Also, I have not gotten to the point of knowing hownto mod a theme...will have to work on that, but really like black, white, and chrome.

Upvote 0
Charging, clearing stats, draining the battery just makes the battery indicator more accurate.... purely optional.

Can I not install this patch into my current liberty installation or do I have to reinstall libtery and then the patch?

Also, I have not gotten to the point of knowing hownto mod a theme...will have to work on that, but really like black, white, and chrome.

The patch is installed thru recovery after installing Liberty. See the directions at that link.

I briefly tried a version of the chrome theme and thought it looked better on the computer screen than on the phone. It wasn't there long.

Upvote 0
Hmmm... it may be tempting to try the patch. I have the extended battery and as i stand now, i'm at 40% remaining and have been unplugged for 20 hours with moderate useage(downloads, browsing forums, 30-40 mins of calls, 30 mins of angry birds, etc...) . What was your battery life like before the patch?

Upvote 0
The patch is installed thru recovery after installing Liberty. See the directions at that link.

I briefly tried a version of the chrome theme and thought it looked better on the computer screen than on the phone. It wasn't there long.

I really like black, white, chrome.

I going to try the patch and my phone is at 50% right now. How can I force my display to stay on? So, I can drain my battery down.

Upvote 0

41 hours?! Do you even use your phone? :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones