1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General So Is It Happening This Friday?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BringItSon, Aug 9, 2011.

1. BringItSon

BringItSon Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    I remember the Samsung president promising US release in August.and some sources with "insider information" claiming that it is coming 12th.

however, there is absolutely no news regarding the Samsung Galaxy S2 verizon version or Stratosphere. Is there still a hope for this friday release? Do carriers release phones without prior announcement?

This is really pissing me off because my phone was broken 2.5 months ago and i was expecting either Driod Bionic or Galaxy S2 be out by now.

Advertisement

2. redraider1

None

Mar 15, 2011
    No not gonna happen. Verizon always releases phones on Thursdays anyway. Sept is looking like the time.

BringItSon likes this.
  3. BringItSon

BringItSon Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    sigh.. thx. hopefully it is worth the wait.

and also, is this mean Samsung President lied?? god dam bastard.

4. redraider1

None

Mar 15, 2011
    That happens all the time there are alot of things behind the scenes that are delaying it that they don't really have control over. Also it might not even be the sgs2 but the slider we saw awhile back.

5. s1ckGhost

s1ckGhost Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    Retail
    Los Angeles
    I think what was meant by his statement was that those devices would hit US markets on the 12th of August.. from there on end, it would be up to the Carriers to decide when they would release them. We all know that even thought we're barely getting any news of specific Galaxy S II for different Carriers, via articles and rumors, it is easy to understand that the only ones who really do know anything would be the Carriers themselves.

So the CEO of Samsung didnt so much as lie, he just didnt specifically say that the Galaxy S II would be available for purchase on August 12th.

It wont be till next month that we know exactly when these devices will surface for purchase.

BringItSon likes this.
  6. redraider1

None

Mar 15, 2011
    Samsung said aug they never gave a date the 12 was all rumors from some tech site with little credibility to verify it. Looking like sept 8 but that may just be for the slider with lte. We shall see.