1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So when's ICS coming?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wildbill21, Jun 4, 2012.

1. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

I'm wondering if you need to be on one of the rooted ROMs to get S-Voice to work, as it sounds as if you are. I'm using the leaked non-root ICS from AT&T with Premium Suite.

Advertisement

2. TheGeek

TheGeek Android Enthusiast

Yeah, probably.

S-Voice; AFAIK; is from the S3.

3. jjohnson1

jjohnson1 Newbie

Honestly I don't know. I've never tried Go. Just stretching out all the widgets and the gestures are enough for me. :)

4. johnb41

johnb41 Well-Known Member

You should give Go Launcher a try. Once you see how awesome it is to quickly add a bunch of apps to a folder, plus the powerful App Drawer, etc, it's hard to use anything else! :)

5. chriskwarren

chriskwarren Newbie

There is the base rom, and 600mb, and the rc1 file, and approx 50mb I believe.

The wallpaper he threw in there is weird though for sure.

As for the 5x4 layout, and I use apex launcher so I don't notice that stuff. I

6. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member

On Objection ROM - 4x5 is for the AOSP launcher. If you use TW launcher it's 5x5 and it's surprisingly much more customizable than the older version of TW on the stock Note 2.3 GB.

7. Kyrotech

Kyrotech Member

when i try to change the lock screen, the app freezes on me
    my battery drains faster than GB 2.3.6 stock
    when I open a new app, it takes a good 30-40 seconds before anything happens
    when I use camera mode, then hit the gallery, the screen turns black and again I need to wait for the system to load the images.
    These are but a few of the lags that I have encountered...
    I wiped and cleared twice to be sure, but still it has the same issue after my second installation attempt

I am now running objection and so far I think all the little quirks from OnlyOne, aren't present with objection.
    Only time will tell...
    I ran OnlyOne for about 4 days
    I am currently on my 5th day with objection

8. Kyrotech

Kyrotech Member

I think its the opposite of what you just said.
    TW is 4x5
    and Launcher is 5x5

9. TheGeek

Bummer; which OnlyOne? He has multiple versions.

I'm now using his OnlyOne Goldie B5 and it's AWESOME.

I have no issues; my battery life is great, nothing has crashed. I use my phone for exchange emails; I average 150 emails a day so it's constantly going off. Not a single issue.

10. djedgarftw

djedgarftw Android Enthusiast

I'm new to modding my note and im not to familiar with the available roms for it. I already flashed only one or hyfr from (not sure which is the name) but I want to know if their is a way to add the s3 features

11. johnb41

How's Goldie any better than Hyfr? I'm using Hyfr and can't find any problems so far.

12. TheGeek

Little more performance and battery saving; I didn't find anything wrong with HYFR either.

What I really want is OnlyOne to do a rom on the UCLF5 baseband; instead of the UCLE2.

13. johnb41

Thanks. I'll prob give this one a try just for the heck of it. :)

14. Bulldog

I'm running TW and it is 5x5. I wanted to run AOSP but after 30 seconds of 4x5 it wasn't going to cut it.

15. Kyrotech

Kyrotech Member

I was using HYFR
    is goldie better?
    I'm always up for a challenge

16. johnb41

I had my first "problem" using OnlyOne HYFR last night... but I guess it could have happened with stock, dunno....

Was out with a bunch of guys, all but one had iPhones. I whip out the Note and tell 'em what a real phone is. Their eyes all widen in awe when they see the huge thing. Then I swipe to unlock... the screen goes black, and a few seconds later it rebooted! But after reboot, i was good, and they were pretty impressed w/ the screen, pen, etc. :)

17. djedgarftw

I just love that face when they see my note my whole family and friends are mostly iphone users or fans and I whipp out my android devices especially my note.

18. TheGeek

It's not the ROM; mine would do that from time to time with stock.

Reminds me of a memory crash.

19. Kyrotech

Kyrotech Member

I finally got a quiet sunday afternoon to install Goldie and see for myself..
    I have to admit that I like it, but somethings are missing like the slide down menu, Objection had some nice addons there.

I did however encounter a problem with Goldie, I can't add my weather to the lock screen...When I try to hit the "weather settings", it just hangs, then crashes. I tried the top, middle and bottom and each time it just hangs for about 10 seconds, then messages me "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped"

So far this is a small bug that I can look over...
    will continue playing with it for the next few days and see if anything else comes up...

20. chriskwarren

chriskwarren Newbie

Go into clockworkmod recovery, and clear cache and dalvik cache (both three times), and then fix permissions. Exit out of clockwork mod and see if that helps. First boot after this will take longer than normal so sit tight.

21. nisssmo

nisssmo Newbie

supposed to get the update tomorrow.... 07/10

22. Peaches037

Peaches037 Well-Known Member

It's finally gonna happen tomorrow July 10th...Three days earlier than expected!! Without some of the features the s3 has buts that's okay, cannot have everything...

23. djedgarftw

Finallyi have been waiting for this update since I got my note.

24. Bulldog

Figures. I gave up and rooted 5 days ago to get ICS. AND I DO have a very nice GS3 feature...S-Voice rocks! And NO BLOAT! And new ROMS will only get better from here!

25. Kyrotech

Kyrotech Member

I did this and it worked...somewhat...
    I am now able to see the weather on the lockscreen, but when I try to change the settings under display, it still freezes and hangs the application

so I guess that this is a bug that I have to live with until the official Bell ICS is out

thanks again for your input

Samsung Galaxy Note LTE