• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root So when's ICS coming?

S-Voice has worked for me.

Update on Objection; it's junk!

The stupid kid uses the 4x5 square setup; not the 5x5 which is native to the Note.

He fails, in my book, badily!

I'm flashing Goldie from OnlyOne.

On Objection ROM - 4x5 is for the AOSP launcher. If you use TW launcher it's 5x5 and it's surprisingly much more customizable than the older version of TW on the stock Note 2.3 GB.

Upvote 0
What kind of problems?

My OnlyOne HYFR is running great. At least, as far as I can tell.

when i try to change the lock screen, the app freezes on me
my battery drains faster than GB 2.3.6 stock
when I open a new app, it takes a good 30-40 seconds before anything happens
when I use camera mode, then hit the gallery, the screen turns black and again I need to wait for the system to load the images.
These are but a few of the lags that I have encountered...
I wiped and cleared twice to be sure, but still it has the same issue after my second installation attempt

I am now running objection and so far I think all the little quirks from OnlyOne, aren't present with objection.
Only time will tell...
I ran OnlyOne for about 4 days
I am currently on my 5th day with objection

Upvote 0
when i try to change the lock screen, the app freezes on me
my battery drains faster than GB 2.3.6 stock
when I open a new app, it takes a good 30-40 seconds before anything happens
when I use camera mode, then hit the gallery, the screen turns black and again I need to wait for the system to load the images.
These are but a few of the lags that I have encountered...
I wiped and cleared twice to be sure, but still it has the same issue after my second installation attempt

I am now running objection and so far I think all the little quirks from OnlyOne, aren't present with objection.
Only time will tell...
I ran OnlyOne for about 4 days
I am currently on my 5th day with objection

Bummer; which OnlyOne? He has multiple versions.

I'm now using his OnlyOne Goldie B5 and it's AWESOME.

I have no issues; my battery life is great, nothing has crashed. I use my phone for exchange emails; I average 150 emails a day so it's constantly going off. Not a single issue.

Upvote 0
Bummer; which OnlyOne? He has multiple versions.

I'm now using his OnlyOne Goldie B5 and it's AWESOME.

I have no issues; my battery life is great, nothing has crashed. I use my phone for exchange emails; I average 150 emails a day so it's constantly going off. Not a single issue.

I was using HYFR
is goldie better?
I'm always up for a challenge

Upvote 0
I had my first "problem" using OnlyOne HYFR last night... but I guess it could have happened with stock, dunno....

Was out with a bunch of guys, all but one had iPhones. I whip out the Note and tell 'em what a real phone is. Their eyes all widen in awe when they see the huge thing. Then I swipe to unlock... the screen goes black, and a few seconds later it rebooted! But after reboot, i was good, and they were pretty impressed w/ the screen, pen, etc. :)

Upvote 0
I had my first "problem" using OnlyOne HYFR last night... but I guess it could have happened with stock, dunno....

Was out with a bunch of guys, all but one had iPhones. I whip out the Note and tell 'em what a real phone is. Their eyes all widen in awe when they see the huge thing. Then I swipe to unlock... the screen goes black, and a few seconds later it rebooted! But after reboot, i was good, and they were pretty impressed w/ the screen, pen, etc. :)

I just love that face when they see my note my whole family and friends are mostly iphone users or fans and I whipp out my android devices especially my note.

Upvote 0

It's not the ROM; mine would do that from time to time with stock.

Reminds me of a memory crash.

Upvote 0
Little more performance and battery saving; I didn't find anything wrong with HYFR either.

What I really want is OnlyOne to do a rom on the UCLF5 baseband; instead of the UCLE2.

I finally got a quiet sunday afternoon to install Goldie and see for myself..
I have to admit that I like it, but somethings are missing like the slide down menu, Objection had some nice addons there.

I did however encounter a problem with Goldie, I can't add my weather to the lock screen...When I try to hit the "weather settings", it just hangs, then crashes. I tried the top, middle and bottom and each time it just hangs for about 10 seconds, then messages me "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped"

So far this is a small bug that I can look over...
will continue playing with it for the next few days and see if anything else comes up...

Upvote 0
I finally got a quiet sunday afternoon to install Goldie and see for myself..
I have to admit that I like it, but somethings are missing like the slide down menu, Objection had some nice addons there.

I did however encounter a problem with Goldie, I can't add my weather to the lock screen...When I try to hit the "weather settings", it just hangs, then crashes. I tried the top, middle and bottom and each time it just hangs for about 10 seconds, then messages me "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped"

So far this is a small bug that I can look over...
will continue playing with it for the next few days and see if anything else comes up...

Go into clockworkmod recovery, and clear cache and dalvik cache (both three times), and then fix permissions. Exit out of clockwork mod and see if that helps. First boot after this will take longer than normal so sit tight.

Upvote 0
Go into clockworkmod recovery, and clear cache and dalvik cache (both three times), and then fix permissions. Exit out of clockwork mod and see if that helps. First boot after this will take longer than normal so sit tight.

I did this and it worked...somewhat...
I am now able to see the weather on the lockscreen, but when I try to change the settings under display, it still freezes and hangs the application

so I guess that this is a bug that I have to live with until the official Bell ICS is out

thanks again for your input

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones