• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root So, Who's Going To Root?

No idea on what's really bad, but I froze stuff that has been traditionally safe to freeze on the DX, like social apps I don't use like Orkut, kpi logger, the docks, dlna, the various help things, the im app, go to meeting, motoactv, my Verizon, the webdock stuff, VZW navigator.

Basically stuff that is useless to me right now, not necessarily offending apps.

Reactions: cereal killer
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That was so painless (root only), it was amazing. I also appreciate when the guy not only makes a script that keeps me out of ADB, but keeps it amusing. Go zerglings!

"Loving root is easy cuz it's beautiful"

Freezing away, grabbing all the apps off my old DX TB backup, I'm loving it.

Yeah those Zerglings are some handy little dudes...LOL..

I used V3.0 and it worked nicely. Found a copy of the RAZR Bootstrap and made a back up.

Upvote 0
just finished rooting my device using doomlord V3. no issues what so ever. just wanted Root for tibu, and cache cleaner for now. once theres a more stable recovery and some sort of SBF method ill start freezing system apps and adjusting CPU levels. And now i can say i have a rooted razr

That's the only reason I didn't root mine right out of the box :(

Upvote 0
so i couldnt hold out on freezing and tweaking the CPU. been running my phone at 1.2ghz performance mode (via android overclock) and haven't had any stability issues. also went through and froze pretty much anything I dont use. Those tweaks plus some other management/scripts and ADW and this phone absolutely flies. on Nenamark 1+2 I saw about a 7-8 FPS increase (i can hit 60 FPS on nenamark1).

cant wait to see this phones numbers once we get some ICS and custom roms!

Reactions: Szadzik
Upvote 0
so i couldnt hold out on freezing and tweaking the CPU. been running my phone at 1.2ghz performance mode (via android overclock) and haven't had any stability issues. also went through and froze pretty much anything I dont use. Those tweaks plus some other management/scripts and ADW and this phone absolutely flies. on Nenamark 1+2 I saw about a 7-8 FPS increase (i can hit 60 FPS on nenamark1).

cant wait to see this phones numbers once we get some ICS and custom roms!

Would you mind sharing what scripts you used?

Upvote 0
No major issues. It did hang the phone at first try, but rebooted with vol down and power and tried again and it worked fine.
I also was able to root my Razr with this method, an app designed to speed up the system crashed the phone into recovery mode, I didn't have the stock ROM so I got lucky and was able to get the first one replaced. second one had a small firmware update so this app didn't work, had to use motofail, both app worked as stated the first time without error.

Upvote 0
Ooh, by the way, leave corporate sync alone. Freezing it causes contacts to crash...just like on the dang DX. For those of you not coming from DX land, I suggest you look at the thread on apks safer to remove.
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...files-safe-remove-gingerbread-gingerblur.html

Not promising the DX list is the answer, just a place to start. The Bionic list might actually be better, assuming they have one.
TY VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY MUCH I froze the app and had contacts & txt crash and was unable to figure out why.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones