• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps socket & rild issue

birdflyhigh

Lurker
Jul 28, 2010
Hi, all,
I added a new Javascript object, whose souce code is located in external/webkit/JavescriptCore/runtime/
and in this object, I wanna get information like neighbouring cell id, so I need to send a RIL_REQUEST_GET_NEIGHBORING_CELL_IDS request. that is pretty much what I wanna achieve.
so I tried to access the rild by socket:
socket_local_client(SOCKET_NAME_RIL, ANDROID_SOCKET_NAMESPACE_RESERVED, SOCK_STREAM)
and it failed. then I execute command: adb shell chmod 777 /dev/socket/rild, and then I succeed to open the socket. now I try to send the request to rild, and in the client side, the send operation is successful (since the return value of send seems right), but I trace into the /hardware/ril/libril/rild_event.cpp, I found out rild didn't receive my request! (I print a log after "select" of function ril_event_loop(), and it indicated rild didn't receive my request), also I execute "adb shell logcat -b radio", which also shows the sign that my request hasn't been received by rild.
could anyone shed some light on this? or does anyone have better method to communicate with rild and get the information i want?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones