• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Soft Bricked Exhibit, Failed Recovery

Hi,

Last week I rooted my Samsung Exhibit 4G, but like any giddy noob I got a bit carried away removing the bloatware and ended up with a soft bricked phone.

For the past three days, I have scoured all of the interwebs to find recovery options for this phone. So the one promising lead was from xda via "nocturnalmike" and although I followed every step, all I have now is the "Firmware update fail. Try using recovery mode" screen.

To make things more annoying, each time I've unsuccessfully flashed the phone, Odin can no longer detect it. When I try to reinstall the tether drivers, the message says they're already installed. Yet when I go to Programs, Device Manager or search the whole C drive to uninstall, it's nowhere to be found.

I've tried just about everything I know and am considering just trying to take it back to TMobile. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here's the image of the failed flash.

Attachments

• FlashFail.jpg
    FlashFail.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones