1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[SOLVED]What happened to Winamp for Android? - it's not on Play any more.

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by mikedt, May 1, 2014.

1. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I can't find Winamp on Google Play any more. There's a link to Play on Winamp ? It really whips the llama's ass! ...but it now shows as not found. Does anyone know what happened to it? Winamp was often a recommended player as an alternative the default ones.

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Hey Mike its not on my play store here in america either so looks like to me it had been removed. I haven't searched for any info yet though.

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I was looking on the US Play store, wasn't there. I done a bit more digging myself, looks like it's changing ownership or may even be discontinued.
    Winamp News - Winamp Forums
    Can find the APK here anyway.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

6. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Android Enthusiast

ah...maybe it's only working for me since I've previously downloaded it, but it still takes me to the app on the play store and allows me to download it.

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Only thing I'm finding is now that some of the additional functionality, like the graphic eq, album art, additional info, are just giving a message saying "Service is unavailable, try again later.". I'm guessing they've pulled the plug on whatever back-end server that gives full functionality.

8. Morbid1

Morbid1 Lurker

I will happily try to send you the apk if you like, I think they have disapeared from the face of the earth but I have
    Winamp 1.4- for android if you like, I LOVE WINAMP and surely hope they make a comeback....
    Glad I finally joined the forums, will be looking forward to learning...
    I also have a link where you may download it, Would be great if they came back...

9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Well that OP of mine was over two years ago, and I've been using Rocket Player ever since. :thumbsupdroid:

10. Morbid1

Morbid1 Lurker

Ok, Sorry, just posted here just in case anyone wanted it... it is also on their site, hard to find thugh...
    I still like WinAmp though, it works so well with my Edge S7 and paired with my Plantronics backbeat Pro+ headphones, I really like the shoutcast inn winamp, seconds to find any music I am in the mood for commercial free, nowdays thats a +.... lol
    Well sorry was not any help sooner....

mikedt likes this.