• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Some questions about rooting

antispam

Lurker
Feb 15, 2011
Hi guys.

I have recently bought a HTC Desire. I have read a lot of things about rooting it and it is somehow clear about how to do it (using the unrevoked method). However, there are a few things which I fail to understand:
- after rooting, what Android version will I end up with? Will I have the same Android version I have now (Froyo + HTC Sense)? I somehow like the HTC Sense and I was wondering whether I will lose this.
- does anyone know how things are regarding the HTC warranty? I have read it (for my Desire) and it says nothing about being voided due to software changes. Anyone familiar with this? I have found the RUU for my Desire (RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.5_Radio_32.49.00. 32U_5.11.05.27_release) and I saved it just in case. Will this work in order to unroot it in the event of a warranty need?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Daniel

1. rooting roots the current rom you are on permanently it does not change the rom and does not remove sense.

2. if your device cannot be recovered due to software then it will void the warranty as the device has been modified in ways htc never intended however if its a hardware error they will usually honour it.

3. if that is deffinately your software version then you can use that RUU to return this to how it was when you bought it. this is good for warranty purposes or for selling

Reactions: antispam
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones