• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Some questions about Serendipity

I'm looking at flashing Serendipity to my rooted stock 2.1.1 Captivate. Does it have hsdpa & hsupa ? Is touchwiz also included ? Will my GPS improve ? Are there videos for installation from start to finish around ?

Thanks
Yes, it has hsdpa, no Touchwiz isn't included, the GPS is iffy, depending on what you've done so far (I think it's pretty good for a Captivate, but that doesn't mean much). You can use the video link in my signature for good instructions.

Reactions: Joeydroid
Upvote 0
Yes, it has hsdpa, no Touchwiz isn't included, the GPS is iffy, depending on what you've done so far (I think it's pretty good for a Captivate, but that doesn't mean much). You can use the video link in my signature for good instructions.

No hsupa ? What are your typical speed test results ?
I looked at the video link in your signature but i didn't see a video to install Serendipity. There is one for Cognition from start to finish, would it be the same process ?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Yes, it's the same process. As for speed, it's fast enough for me....I've never bothered with speed tests. Maybe I will just for kicks, what should I use?

In the market there is one called Speedtest.net and FCC Mobile Broadband Test. Those are the 2 that i use.
I just want to be sure that the rom i use has hsdpa & hsupa.

Upvote 0
I loaded the official 2.2, installation went smooth. BUT i was not impressed :(. Seemed laggy even with OCLF. So i went ahead and installed Serendipity. Followed the instructions from the videos (thanks reinbeau) and damn is it FAST. No lag, clean and best of all my speedtest jumped to 3.40Mbps down and 1.29Mbps up. Never, ever did i get this speed with the stock rom, lol. If your on the fence about flashing a rom, DO IT :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones