• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Song Titles in Music Player

walkerakl

Jul 29, 2010
Hey all -- returned my first Cappy today, for a plethora of reasons (Battery, GPS.. incredibly unsnappy 1ghz processor that my previous iphone 4 crushed) among others. But this one seems to be a happy and healthy cappy so far.

Anyway, running in to an issue. I have all of my music in itunes, but converted it and just housed it in windows media player when i took my iphone back and got the captivate. When I put my music on the captivate, I get all kinds of crazy file names, numbers, squiggles and the like. It's showing me the actual file and not what I've tagged it as, so I have very few artwork, cd names, and track names there.

I've tried to sync music 2 ways:

1) Hook cappy up to pc under media player mode and sync through windows media player
2) sync with itunes agent

Both methods got the same results. I like my music libary to be smooth and organized, but i can't figure out how to change the files names to what I want! Should i get mp3 tagging software? if so, which kind? Can I just change the name in windows? It's kind of making miss my iphone! OH NO!

Here's the thing that i notice. If you want your album cover to appear and the right album cover, then you have to add the name for the album in itunes. In otherwards when you input all your info in itunes, that album section has to be filled out otherwords it can have the wrong cd cover.

You can also go under the folder where you store your music and rename all those songs. That way you keep it clean and nice.

Upvote 0
What format are you music files - I had a bunch that were M4a (AAC) and not protected, but on the phone i had unknown artist and no album art. After lots of internet searching i found that there is an issue with the way itunes does the tagging, and the way android reads it. I used the free mp3tag to retag all my files and resync.

I could not find any easier way. The good news is it connects to amazon and freedb, so tagging one album at a time is not that bad. I did have to delete existing tags first though.

Also, I used Media Monkey to sync - it supports drive letters, as well as Media players.

Upvote 0
I just download mp3 and put them on iTunes first. Edit all the info and copy and paste to my sdcard. Just make sure your phone is mounted or sdcard is in the computer. Sometimes u have to rename the files once they are on ur phone beaches they might have a different name to the actual file. It's different but easy once u get the hang of it. Sounds like alot but it's not. At least if u want your music to be stored neat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones