• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sony Wireless Smart Remote & WIFI setting

wobbley

Lurker
Feb 12, 2013
I downloaded Sony's playmemories app which will communication wirelessly with the NEX camera.

This worked for a week or two on the 'phone but has now stopped, and I can't fix it. I'm sure the camera is fine because it works with the Nexus 7 tablet OK.

It looks like a connection is made then immediately broken. Here's a description of what happens.

I started the app on the phone, then switched on the camera with the smart remote function selected - giving a message 'Awaiting connection to a smartphone. Running as an access point.'. After a few moments the camera name appears on the phone and I select that. I get 2 sets of messages on the phone - one with white text on a blue background, and another in white on a black background - both (blue and black) give a message 'connecting', then a message 'connected' (black only), then another message 'Error disconnected' (blue), and 'disconnected' (black). Sometimes there is another blue message which flashes up which I can't read because it is immediately replaced with the blue 'Error disconnected' message.

Over on the Sony site they suggest it maybe something to do with network settings, but I'm not sure these have changed since the function worked OK.

Any clues very welcome!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones