• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sorting songs

Homewrecker

Lurker
Jun 24, 2013
I have a small issue here: I imported some albums and songs from my computer to my songs and some were sorted correctly (the albums were sorted under the correct artist etc) but some weren't.

Some were directed to "unknown artist" and this makes the entire media library a huge mess. Is there any way to redirect these songs into their respective artists/bands?

Example: I have a song called "Gate Openerz" by "DJ Sharpnel" and the song is included in their album "Cyclick".

So, logically, the song should be sorted like this:

DJ Sharpnel > Cyclick > Gate Openerz

But it's instead sorted like this:

Unknown artist > Gate Openerz

Also, is there any way of changing the genre? The song is included in the wrong genre as well on Cloudskipper

Did you sort your ID3 tags before you copied to your device? I had similar issues and found I needed to tag some of my tunes again for it to be read properly.

Have a look at some of these apps, see if they make a difference: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=id3&c=apps

The iTag app made a difference, and I can now organize my media library without any issues. Thank you very much :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones