• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sound Quality on North American Edition of SGS III

Based on GSM Arena's review, the American version is louder, since no EU law to comply to. Their tests suggest the signal attributes are slightly better on the International version, but not something the ears will likely discern.

Frankly, the sound quality seems amazing and the extra volume in the American version is nice for pushing higher end earbuds that usually have higher impedance. Let us hope evil Apple does not persecute consumers further and the SG3 avoids legal holds.

Upvote 0
Understood, considering most phones have weak output from the 3.5mm jack, so the audio gain is weak and sound quality can be weak if using anything except 16ohm buds. That said, Volume + helps a lot of devices... if it works for the hardware.

I blame the EU "nanny" law that forces audio to be too low and some OEMs set the same parameters for all versions, based on the EU. Archos is infamous for following this rule to a fault. Nuts considering using the same logic, knifes should all be dull, in case somebody gets cut ;)

Looking forward to testing more myself next week- I hope.

Hah! Next thing you know, somebody will tell us what size soda drinks we can buy!! ..... Wait, that already appears to be happening.... nevermind.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones