1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sounds through car stereo for phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by FastNOC, Sep 4, 2013.

1. FastNOC

FastNOC Newbie
    None

Aug 10, 2013
    this bugs me. I have a system and a dock, so i have an auxillary out. ALL sounds go through my car stereo when it's docked. All except the single most important one.... a phone call.

I can dial docked, and all the sounds go through the speakers, even when i hit send, the initial sound is the speakers, but once the call goes out, NOTHING i do can route the sound through the speakers. am i missing something here? that's really why i got a dock was so i could leave the phone docked and talk through that. but i can't get calls to send the sound out like every single other sound on the phone does.

is there a trick to this? or maybe an app? and why in the world is this the case to begin with. What's the point of a dock if you can't even use the phone with it?

Advertisement

2. niteNarmor

niteNarmor Android Expert
    None

Jun 28, 2012
    Male
    Jacksonville, NC
    So basically, you would like to hold a conversation and have all sounds played through your speakers, correct?
    You have to have bluetooth enabled on device and have a bluetooth headunit in your vehicle to preform this function.
    A dock really does nothing for you but gives you a place to hang your device and charge. All sounds (when connected through an aux cord) are just the non important sounds (i.e. music and notifications). The dialer options don't work unless they are bluetooth enabled.

Hope this helped.

3. FastNOC

FastNOC Newbie
    None

Aug 10, 2013
    yeah that's what i figured, it makes no sense that you can run all sounds on the phone through the aux unit except the most important sounds on the entire phone

4. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    Actually, it makes perfect sense: a bluetooth dongle may only cost a few bucks but adding call-capable bluetooth to a new car can cost upward of