• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

special always ring app

cmysho

Lurker
Apr 27, 2010
I prefer to turn the ringer off on my DROID when I sleep because I often work nights...BUT, my parents are getting older and my daughter just got a car so I constantly worry that something may happen and I will miss a call.

What I would like is an app that I can assign certain numbers to ring through regardless of the settings on the phone... ie, phone is set to silent or set to vibrate but when specified number calls it would ring at full volume... I have to believe this is easily achievable, I just haven't seen anything like it.

Anyone know of something like this... or maybe have the ability and desire to develope it ???????

I think that can be done in an app. But you may also want to check out Google Voice if you can get an invite. I know you can stop the phone from ringing after certain hours. There may be a way to allow certain numbers through.

I'm in a similar boat as you. So if I have time maybe this would be a good app project to check out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones