• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speed and Benchmarks

Part of the decision making process when considering a new phone is processing speed. This brings in the question of speed comparison and benchmarks. We could discuss the pros and cons of benchmark validity forever and finally agree to disagree.

During the short time I had a Droid Turbo 2 I ran the Quadrant Advanced and CPU-Z tests.

Interesting ... the CPU-Z test showed 4 of the 8 cores as Stopped much of the time. I don't know why and it is VERY interesting.

The Quadrant Advanced benchmark results as compared to other phones I have on hand ...

33309 - Droid Turbo 2
25779 - Droid Turbo
7406 - Droid Maxx
3049 - LG Lucid
2749 - Droid Bionic

This one shows the Turbo 2 to be about 29% faster than the Turbo.

... Thom

Reactions: doogald and rolandx
These benchmarks truly mean nothing I have had this phone for almost 2 weeks now and installed all the resource hog apps you can thing off and this phone is still as responsive as the day I bought it Motorola does not bloat down there UI like Samsung it is a more pure Android experience it is very well optimized from software to hardware

Upvote 0
The droid turbo 2, I have never had an Android device since my days of Rooting and switching custom ROMS that was this well optimized out of the box, the battery is not what it claimed to be but is still the best I have ever seen and I have everything running syncing updating and still smooth as silk I certainly hope Verizon does not push a bonked update to ruin my opinion of this phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones