• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Speed up with UD .8?

I am running UD .8. When I first flashed the ROM my phone was snappy but over the weeks has started to lag. Is there a way to gain the speed back without reflashing?

Try clearing your caches with a cache cleaning app. I use Cachemate about once every 2 weeks. Also, clear your dalvik cache by going into Titanium Backup - hit options or something to that affect - and clear dalvik cache. You may need to reboot after this if you don't feel the effect.

I would also suggest flashing Ultimate Droid 1.0.0. Arguably the best ROM made for the Droid 1.

Reactions: cyberclaus
Upvote 0
Try clearing your caches with a cache cleaning app. I use Cachemate about once every 2 weeks. Also, clear your dalvik cache by going into Titanium Backup - hit options or something to that affect - and clear dalvik cache. You may need to reboot after this if you don't feel the effect.

I would also suggest flashing Ultimate Droid 1.0.0. Arguably the best ROM made for the Droid 1.

Thanks! I wasn't even having a problem with lag or anything, but reading as many posts as I can, I tried what you suggested. I went from really good to even better. I will be clearing my cache every week or 2. Thanks again SoDroid!

Upvote 0
Thanks! I wasn't even having a problem with lag or anything, but reading as many posts as I can, I tried what you suggested. I went from really good to even better. I will be clearing my cache every week or 2. Thanks again SoDroid!

You're very welcome! Glad it helped. Its the only way i can keep a rom running smooth for more than 2 weeks.

Upvote 0
Teh cache cleaning worked, thanks SoDroid. I also switched from ADW.Launcher to Launcher Pro and that made the biggest performance increase. I'm a bit hesitant to up to UD 1.0 with the many reports of issues and bad battery life.

I have had zero issues with UD1.0.0! But youre point about battery life is true. I only get maybe 10 hours of life with light-moderate use. Less if I use it a lot. I've been experimenting with pretty much every kernel and cannot extend the battery life. I do carry an extra battery tho and have had to use it.

But I run on either 1100 Interactive or 800-900 Performance. If I wanted to slow it down a bit, I'm sure the battery life would increase. Also, I'm getting about 10-14 hours on every ROM that is coming out now. For me, its not just UD1.0.0.

Upvote 0
I have noticed it too. I had awesome battery life for about a week. Then its just been bad. The only thing is is that anybody that wanted to use this rom can't really put it back and switch roms. Right now its 7 past 4 and I woke up around 6. My battery is at 40 percent. Thats with light use. And I have tried 5 different kernels. Its just too hard to switch roms b/c of how crazy good UD 1.0.0 is. I just wonder why my battery life diminished after a while.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Update: One cache cleaning worked. Less than a day later back to sluggish. Cache cleaning did nothing. I rebooted to a boot splash screen hang. Finally got into recovery and flashed a backup. Right now all is ok but I expect the sluggish to return.

Are you running compcache by chance? That can slow things down over time. Other than that, you can try something like swapper 2 in the market. There's a thread on what it does and how its used. I'll see if I can find it. People are reporting performance increases, could be worth it.

Edit: here is the thread androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/199290-amazing-droid-performance-increase.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones