• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] Official 4.3 update

It won't take if you have a custom recovery. I have one and I tried to take the update but it didn't take. Took me to CWM and I chose "install untrusted zip" and it just rebooted. Still 4.1.2 and still rooted.

Yeah, I'm aware. That's what I'm trying to find out so we can get to a solution. If you update OTA, you'll install Knox boot loader(which you're stuck with). If you want 4.3, you can always flash a Knox free version while rooted through CWM.

Reactions: jackroo
Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm aware. That's what I'm trying to find out so we can get to a solution. If you update OTA, you'll install Knox boot loader(which you're stuck with). If you want 4.3, you can always flash a Knox free version while rooted through CWM.

Oh I meant to quote the person above you instead of your answer. You obviously knew that. Sorry man. But yeah I think I might check out 4.3 via how you suggested. Do you know by chance if the battery life is any better?

Upvote 0
Oh I meant to quote the person above you instead of your answer. You obviously knew that. Sorry man. But yeah I think I might check out 4.3 via how you suggested. Do you know by chance if the battery life is any better?

Stock TW Roms are pretty much all going to have so-so battery. There's nothing custom on this build, but you can get rid of alot of the bloatware that runs in the background. That will certainly help.

Reactions: jackroo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones