• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] [Official] Sprint OTA Jellybean 4.1.1 (updated)

I currently have LG8 and am on a stock rom rooted on team epic. Can I just follow the instructions on xda developers. This is the youtube video. Is this what I want to do? I just want to stay rooted but keep a stock rom with jelly bean. Here is the link to the video. How to Install Touchwiz Jellybean 4.1.1 on Sprint Galaxy S3 - YouTube

Thx

Read my first post. Those ROMs are rooted so you can flash them and not lose root. Download the Odex or Deodex version and transfer it to your phone, back up apps/sms/mms/etc, boot into recovery, nandroid, wipe cache/dalvik/factory reset, flash your rom you transferred to your phone, reboot and there you go.

Reactions: chrisj1970
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
MusicJunkie, can I flash this over my current ROM, and keep my current settings/apps, or do I need to do a full wipe?

What ROM are u running now? If you're coming from anything other than stock Jellybean (like one of the older leaks), then yes wipe everything. Use Titanium Backup to backup apps and their data or MyBackup Pro

Reactions: jericko
Upvote 0
What ROM are u running now? If you're coming from anything other than stock Jellybean (like one of the older leaks), then yes wipe everything. Use Titanium Backup to backup apps and their data or MyBackup Pro

I am running stock sprint ICS Rom, only thing I did was root. So when the new JB Rom comes out, can I just wipe Davlik/cache and install over and keep my settings?

Upvote 0
I am running stock sprint ICS Rom, only thing I did was root. So when the new JB Rom comes out, can I just wipe Davlik/cache and install over and keep my settings?

Correct. I plan on doing that, lol. It essentially is the same as what we have now, just titled differently.

LJ7 has run with no errors for me

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This is honestly not necessary. The ROM that Freeza upload is already rooted. That method you listed is for the unrooted tar file for people who don't want to increase their flash count flashing the ROM via Odin (download mode) BUT thank you though ;)
Did you read the link it says to copy to SD card nothing about Odin or did I miss something?:thinking:

PS can you post a link?

Upvote 0
Did you read the link it says to copy to SD card nothing about Odin or did I miss something?:thinking:

PS can you post a link?

I know. I was referring to the original leak. It was a tar file, not zip and it was not rooted. Your method would get root back. Sorry for the confusion.

The link is in the first post.

Upvote 0
Sorry, following this thread and the one on XDA, and a bit confused.

Do I need to unroot before I update?

I am on stock ICS but rooted, is there just a OTA Update with Root I can flash?

The link on that page seems to be for a full ROM and not a Update, but maybe I am wrong.

Thanks for the help!

Nope just flash like it's any regular rom. People keep talking about about the update its confusing people

Upvote 0
so far so good, my only bug is trying to delete a home screen from touch wiz, though i use nova launcher and disable touchwiz. this with the note II gallery and camera, themed mms.apk, make it my perfect rom! scoring high 7800's to low 8000 on antutu, battery lasting me all day and then some!

btw, happy halloween, be safe out there guys!

Upvote 0
so far so good, my only bug is trying to delete a home screen from touch wiz, though i use nova launcher and disable touchwiz. this with the note II gallery and camera, themed mms.apk, make it my perfect rom! scoring high 7800's to low 8000 on antutu, battery lasting me all day and then some!

btw, happy halloween, be safe out there guys!

The removing home screen things used to happen to me on every other leak except the final update. I hear good things about the note II gallery and camera.

Could you screen shot and so we can see what those look like (no revealing pictures please! LOL)

Upvote 0
uploadfromtaptalk1351798514371.jpg

Reactions: MusicJunkie
Upvote 0
the camera is so-so compared to stock, but force closes when i try and use the filters more then once so i just flashed the stock camera back. i think it goes well with this rom, the only thing i would like to see, gonna have to post in xda, is the note 2 option of flipping the pic and writing a note on the back of it, i think that would be awesome...

if you wanna see more pics/screenies from what this phone can do, checkout my instagram crap... jgraypowers.

Upvote 0
the camera is so-so compared to stock, but force closes when i try and use the filters more then once so i just flashed the stock camera back. i think it goes well with this rom, the only thing i would like to see, gonna have to post in xda, is the note 2 option of flipping the pic and writing a note on the back of it, i think that would be awesome...

if you wanna see more pics/screenies from what this phone can do, checkout my instagram crap... jgraypowers.

Okay, cool and thanks! The apps look pretty sweet. Random question, what case do you have on your phone? Reminds me of a Ballistic Case but so many different companies are copying off of Otterbox and Ballistic so I have no idea who made it, lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones