• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Hero 2.1 exchange active sync Password issue

mayesk

Lurker
May 21, 2010
Once I upgraded to 2.1 the mail exchange it required me to put a password in. Letters and numbers. (pain in the butt.)
The issue I have is it does not have any delay.
If I close the screen I have to put the password in again.
I use my phone a thousand times a day. I need to have a delay like all the other phones. 5,10 or 30 min.

Any hack to change or add a delay? I know touchdown worked and only restricts email so I may try it.

Also is the new mail in 2.1 moxier still like in 1.5 or is it from HTC? THe programs say it is from HTC.

THanks for any help

I'm having the same password issue. I have to put a 8 character password every time it sleeps. What is lock-picker and will it work with HTC HERO?
h.jpg

Once I upgraded to 2.1 the mail exchange it required me to put a password in. Letters and numbers. (pain in the butt.) <br /> The issue I have is it does not have any delay.<br /> If I close the screen I have to put the password in again.<br /> I use my phone a thousand times a day. I need to have a delay like all the other phones. 5,10 or 30 min.<br /> <br /> Any hack to change or add a delay? I know touchdown worked and only restricts email so I may try it.<br /> <br /> Also is the new mail in 2.1 moxier still like in 1.5 or is it from HTC? THe programs say it is from HTC.<br /> <br /> THanks for any help
<br /> <br /> Smilies :mad::p;) :D:eek::) :(:thinking::rolleyes: :cool::eek:

Once I upgraded to 2.1 the mail exchange it required me to put a password in. Letters and numbers. (pain in the butt.)
The issue I have is it does not have any delay.
If I close the screen I have to put the password in again.
I use my phone a thousand times a day. I need to have a delay like all the other phones. 5,10 or 30 min.

Any hack to change or add a delay? I know touchdown worked and only restricts email so I may try it.

Also is the new mail in 2.1 moxier still like in 1.5 or is it from HTC? THe programs say it is from HTC.

THanks for any help

Upvote 0
Lockpicker disables the remote device security policy that the Exchange administrator has put on devices connecting to the Exchange server.

This software does work on the Hero, and your IT people might not be too cool with the fact that you are using it. So don't go bragging to them on how you circumvented their stupid security policy.

-Mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones