• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint issues in NC

TRSN

Jul 22, 2010
We are having some significant problems in the Raleigh area. When I place a call, the person i call can not hear me. When I receive a call from a sprint phone, i can not hear them. A friend called me yesterday and when i answered, i heard a recorded message from Sears that my delivery was going to be on time (i didn't have a delivery scheduled) instead of my friend. When my son called to get his vmail messages, a woman picked up. We are being connected to random people. we are dropping calls.

Sprint says there is a cell tower down in our area. Would that cause these problems? not sure. my neighbors are experiencing the same with their sprint phones.

It really is frustrating.

This is news to me. I live in east Raleigh and work in Cary, and I haven't had any issues. How long has this been going on? The only thing I can remember happening is that my wife and I have each received one voicemail that was complete static (one from an AT&T customer that should have had good service and one from a landline.) This would have been Wed. or Thurs. of last week though.

Upvote 0
This is news to me. I live in east Raleigh and work in Cary, and I haven't had any issues. How long has this been going on? The only thing I can remember happening is that my wife and I have each received one voicemail that was complete static (one from an AT&T customer that should have had good service and one from a landline.) This would have been Wed. or Thurs. of last week though.

this has been going on for about a week. I have been between N Raleigh and Cary and happens in both locations. My entire family has brand new Epics, my neighbor has an Epic, and other neighbor has an EVO. We are all facing the same issues.

I continue to have dropped calls and cross talk. I am losing my patience, as I use my phone for business all day long. I find it hard to believe it is a tower issue, since it happens in locations 30 miles apart. I am at a loss if there are no other people having this besides my neighborhood.

Even the manager at the Raleigh store said he had crosstalk last Friday.

My dilemma is that my kids are begging me to keep Sprint, as they love their Epics. I just can't run my business this way. I think Sprint will let me out of my contract, but then what - back to the iphone with AT&T. IMO, no one has a phone as good as the Epic.

Upvote 0
this has been going on for about a week. I have been between N Raleigh and Cary and happens in both locations. My entire family has brand new Epics, my neighbor has an Epic, and other neighbor has an EVO. We are all facing the same issues.

I continue to have dropped calls and cross talk. I am losing my patience, as I use my phone for business all day long. I find it hard to believe it is a tower issue, since it happens in locations 30 miles apart. I am at a loss if there are no other people having this besides my neighborhood.

Even the manager at the Raleigh store said he had crosstalk last Friday.

My dilemma is that my kids are begging me to keep Sprint, as they love their Epics. I just can't run my business this way. I think Sprint will let me out of my contract, but then what - back to the iphone with AT&T. IMO, no one has a phone as good as the Epic.

The person I know that had the cross talk issue is no longer having that issue. You might want to call sprint to check your phone settings on server side.

Upvote 0
The issue is reportedly effecting only those in the Raleigh area that have a non 919 area code. Spring finally acknowledged there is an issue with the network with the out of town area codes. Going on week 3 with no planned resolution date from Sprint.

I assume those that responded that are not having issues have a 919 area code.

Upvote 0
Correct, my wife has been having this same problem for about a month. She has a 561 number as she has a real estate business in South Florida. At least half of her incoming calls are useless because people cannot hear her. In addition there is a ton of cross-talk. I cannot believe that Sprint has yet to resolve this problem.

BG

Upvote 0
I had no call issues, and I have a 908 area code. I placed and received calls while in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, RTP, and the outskirts of Chapel Hill. 4G worked very well in RTP both indoors and outside hotel. 4G was pretty good in downtown Raleigh. Did simultaneous calling and surfing with no issues. Also watched YouTube on 4G while driving (I didn't but my family did) with jitter- and skip-free experience.

I expected trouble after reading this forum, but it was actually pretty good. I'm envious of the 4G signal quality and range compared to NJ.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones